FD: 16 Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance (New)
|Effective Date: 06/17||Downloads: PDF Version||Revised Date: 06/17|
The WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) provides coupons to eligible WIC participants to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at local farmers’ markets. Fresh fruits and vegetables are defined as any fruit or vegetable unaltered from its picked state. Eligible participants are defined as currently certified pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding woman and children age 12 months to five years at the time of issuance. Coupons may only be redeemed with WIC-authorized farmers who have been certified by Nevada Department of Agriculture (NDA) in select counties in Northern Nevada.
All local agencies will utilize a uniform coupon delivery system, which provides WIC FMNP coupons to eligible participants at no charge.
The following procedure should occur during a WIC contact when FMNP coupons are issued to FMNP eligible participant(s):
Verification of FMNP Eligibility
WIC Local Agency staff will verify the participant meets the following eligibility criteria at the time of issuance:
- Categorical eligibility: currently certified women (pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum) or children age 12 months to five years.
- Seasonal eligibility: verify the participant has not yet received FMNP coupons from their current or transferring Nevada WIC clinic during the present FMNP season. This is performed by reviewing the electronic MIS system Notes or WISH MIS Alerts for each participant.
WIC staff will not determine FMNP eligibility, and/or issue FMNP benefits to themselves or any person related to them (refer to GP: 1, GP: 11, and GP: 12).
FMNP Issuance and Documentation
During the period of June through mid-September, each eligible participant in a household may receive one $30 booklet of WIC FMNP coupons annually, on a first-come first-served basis.
- WIC staff must complete the Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K) for each WIC FMNP Coupon issued (i.e., from “Date of Issuance” to “Staff Initials Issued By.”).
- WIC staff must document participant category in the column labeled “Participant Category” as follows:
- P: pregnant women
- PP: postpartum women (not breastfeeding)
- BF: full or partially breastfeeding women
- C: child
Once the Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K) is complete, agency staff will tally the categorical total of pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women and children and tabulate on the bottom left of each page.
- The head of household (HOH) or designated proxy will sign for the FMNP coupons issued to participants in a household. If a household receives more than one coupon booklet, the HOH or proxy may sign once for all the coupon booklets issued, as long as the household number is recorded, and the participant category is entered for each participant receiving coupons.
Example: Signature for Non-Foster Children Household
- Foster children: the foster parent / sponsor or their designated proxy will sign for each coupon booklet issued to a foster child in the household while recording the participant category and household number.
The Local Agency staff will document WIC FMNP issuance in the Notes tab of the MIS for each individual, or by issuing an Alert in the WISH MIS system for each individual participant through the Clinic Services > Family Intake > Comments / Alerts box (Note: make sure to assign an expiration date to WISH MIS Alerts using the last day in September). For every participant receiving FMNP coupons include the following information at a minimum in the MIS or WISH MIS system:
[Date of Issuance] $30 FMNP
Example: MIS System-Notes
Example: WISH MIS System-Comments / Alerts
FMNP Nutrition Education and Documentation
WIC staff will provide each FMNP eligible household with a copy of the Nevada WIC FMNP brochure and WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Locations list. Education and instruction can be performed individually, or as a group nutrition education class. At the time of issuance, WIC staff must summarize at least the following information contained in the WIC FMNP brochure:
- The importance of redeeming FMNP coupons
- When, where, and how they can use WIC FMNP coupons with WIC authorized farmers
- What produce can and cannot be purchased with FMNP coupons
- How to select and use fresh fruits and vegetables
- Coupon security and redemption deadline
- The importance of making “half your plate” fruits and vegetables to grow up strong and healthy
FMNP education and instruction meets the minimum requirement for a second nutrition education contact, whenever FMNP issuance occurs between a certification / re-certification, IHA, or CHA appointment. FMNP Nutrition Education and handouts will be clearly documented on the WIC Nutrition Education Documentation Form or in the WISH MIS system under Clinic Services > Education and Care > Nutrition Education (refer to NE: 2).
Example: WIC MIS Nutrition Education Documentation
Confidentiality of Participant Information
Local Agency staff with access to FMNP participant information will be limited to WIC staff, managers, and State WIC Program administration. At all times, FMNP participant information will be kept confidential and protected (refer to CR: 1). This includes covering previous signatures on the Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K).
It is the responsibility of the FMNP-issuing agency to identify eligible participants who have transferred from another FMNP-issuing agency who may have already received their annual benefit. Verification should be made PRIOR to offering or issuing FMNP benefits to the eligible participant(s). Confirmation of previous coupon issuance should be determined by the new agency in the participant’s transferred MIS or WISH MIS record.
Lost or Stolen FMNP Coupons
All FMNP coupons are the equivalent of cash and shall be treated as such. Coupons will not be replaced or re-issued if lost or stolen.
Coupons Lost in a Disaster
If a participant lost their coupons in a disaster (house fire, flood, gas line explosion, etc.) their WIC FMNP benefits may be reissued if coupons are still available (refer to FD: 8). Document the replacement in the MIS Notes or the WISH MIS Alerts, as applicable. For inventory purposes, record the lost benefits in the Nevada WIC FMNP Returned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: L).
If FMNP coupons are returned by a participant and the coupons have not expired, document the return in the participant’s MIS Notes or the WISH MIS Alerts. Local Agency staff shall write an indelible VOID on the coupons and document their return in the Nevada WIC FMNP Returned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: L). Coupons returned to the Local Agency unused or expired must also be voided and stored. Store all voided coupons to be returned to the State Office by or before October 15th.
If a WIC participant returns a full unexpired coupon booklet that is damaged, follow the Returned Coupon procedure. A replacement booklet can be issued if FMNP benefits remain available. Participants cannot return partial booklets for replacement, and local agencies may only issue full booklets.
FMNP Coupon Stock Controls and Security
To prevent fraudulent use and ensure accurate inventory of all WIC FMNP coupons, inventory must be securely maintained by the Local Agency at all times. The Local Agency is fiscally responsible for proper issuance and accountability of each WIC FMNP coupon assigned to their inventory by the State Office.
The following functions are required by Local Agencies to maintain food instrument security and accountability.
Coupon Stock Controls
- Local Agencies will verify WIC FMNP coupon stock upon receipt by signing the Nevada WIC Program Internal Shipping Log.
- FMNP coupons in bulk storage shall be kept in a locked, secure location with limited access. The Local Agency Director or Manager shall be responsible for delegating access to the storage area.
- The Local Agency Director or Manager shall assign individual boxes to each coupon-issuing staff member using the Nevada WIC FMNP Staff Assigned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: M).
- Local Agencies are required to complete and maintain the Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance/Inventory Log(s) (Appendix FD: K) until either all coupons are issued or returned to the State Office.
- Local Agencies are required to complete and maintain the Nevada WIC FMNP Returned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: L) for all voided or damaged coupons.
- Local Agencies are responsible for reassigning a coupon box as necessary. The coupon box to be reassigned should be documented in on the Nevada WIC FMNP Staff Assigned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: M). Coupons may then be re-assigned to a new or existing coupon-issuing staff member.
Coupon Stock Security
- The Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K) is to remain with its designated box of WIC FMNP coupons at all times until completed.
- Coupon-issuing staff members are required to document their issuance of each coupon booklet by initialing in the “Staff Initials Issued By” of the Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K).
- Coupon-issuing staff members must initial next to the next available coupon booklet issued at the end of the day for coupon security purposes.
- During issuance periods, WIC FMNP coupons must be kept in an area under staff supervision at all times. When not in use, coupons must be kept in a locked storage area with limited access.
- Local agencies will maintain all original hard copies of all logs to be returned to the State Office on or by October 15th.
Local Agency Inventory
All local agencies are required to have non-WIC FMNP coupon-issuing staff perform a monthly audit of all physical FMNP coupon stock and perform a monthly audit of five percent (5%) of completed Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance/Inventory Logs (Appendix FD: K).
- Physical audit of FMNP coupon stock:
All local agencies are required to have a non-WIC FMNP coupon-issuing staff member perform a physical inventory of unissued FMNP cardstock. Physical inventory requires the Non-WIC FMNP coupon-issuing staff member to verify only issued coupons signed for in the past month as listed in the Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K) are missing from the coupon box while verifying the remaining booklets are the correct serial numbers and are not missing coupons.
- Audit of Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance/Inventory Logs
The auditing non-WIC FMNP coupon-issuing staff member will randomly select household numbers to be entered into the MIS or WISH system, as applicable, to:
- Verify participant information matches the information written on the Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance/Inventory Log (Appendix FD: K). (Keep in mind if the coupon has been issued to a foster child or proxy, the name in the Cardholder Signature box may not match the name that is in the system).
- Verify the coupon holder is / was within an eligible participant category at the time of issuance (currently WIC certified women and children).
- Verify FMNP coupon issuance was documented in the MIS Notes section or WISH MIS Alerts in each household members’ record, as applicable.
- Verify the coupon was not issued to WIC staff, a WIC staff relative or friend (refer to GP: 1, GP: 11, GP: 12).
- Highlight each coupon number on the Nevada WIC FMNP Issuance/Inventory Logs (Appendix FD: K) verified as “issued” in the MIS or WISH MIS systems and initial next to each highlighted entry. If the Non-WIC FMNP coupon-issuing staff member has any reason to suspect fraud or mis-issuance, notify the State Office immediately.
WIC FMNP Coupon Reconciliation: State Inventory
Local Agencies are required to submit the originals of all Nevada WIC FMNP Coupon Issuance/Inventory Logs (Appendix FD: K), Nevada WIC FMNP Returned Coupon Logs (Appendix FD: L), FMNP Staff Assigned Coupon Log (Appendix FD: M) and all voided or unused coupons to the State Office on or before October 15th to be reconciled by the State Office. Please include a completed Bulk WIC FMNP Reconciliation Log (Appendix FD: N) with these items, detailing the number of unopened FMNP boxes and the number of individual FMNP booklets in addition to the coupon numbers for these items.
ALL of these items must be returned to the State Office. Reports cannot be submitted electronically due to the sensitive personal content.
State of Nevada WIC Program
400 West King Street, Suite 300
Carson City, NV 89703