CR: 8 Participant / Vendor Complaints
|Effective Date: 10/91||Downloads: PDF Version||Revised Date: 08/08|
To document and act upon complaints received by WIC clinic staff involving WIC participants or vendors, so that potential WIC Program abuse can be investigated.
- When a participant or vendor contacts any WIC staff member to make a Complaint, either in person, in writing, or by phone, staff should:
- Have the person making the complaint complete the WIC Participant/Vendor Complaint Form (staff completes “action taken by clinic” area).
- Complete the form for the participant or vendor making the complaint with the information provided.
- If the nature of the complaint is minor (out of stock, disagreement between participant/cashier, etc.), staff should contact the store management or participant. Store management should be notified of the complaint and question the manager as to how the complaint will be resolved. Minor complaints against WIC participants may be held until the participants next scheduled appointment when a warning notice may be issued.
- If the complaint against the WIC participant is serious (cause for suspension), the participant should be contacted and asked for a written statement.
- Serious complaints concerning store policy which violates WIC Program regulations should be brought to the attention of the State Vendor Coordinator immediately.
- An electronic copy of the complaint form should be emailed to the State Office. A paper copy should be kept on file in the participant’s record, as well as within the “Complaint Log” which is retained in the clinic.
- All complaints alleging discrimination on grounds of race, color, sex, age, handicap, or national origin should be sent to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington D.C. 20250-9410
Office of Civil Rights