FD: 7 Replacing (Voiding) Benefits/Making Food Package Changes (New)
|Effective Date: 12/94||Downloads: PDF Version||Revised Date: 02/17|
Changes necessary in a participant’s food package discovered after issuing benefits to the WIC Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card can be performed through the use of void and reissue.
When it is necessary make a change in the food package you must do the following:
- Verify remaining benefits available to the participants using WIC Direct.
- Void the original benefits from the WIC EBT cardholder’s account in the WIC computer system.
- Reissue from the State WIC computer system back to the EBT cardholder’s account.
- Verify successful re-issuance of corrected benefits in the WIC Direct. You risk double issuance of benefits if you do not verify on WIC Direct that the old benefits have been successfully deleted and only the new benefits are available on the WIC EBT card.
The following are some of the possible types of events that would result in the participant needing a change in their previously issued WIC food benefits.
- A WIC infant requires an immediate formula change
- A child is no longer fully breast feeding.
- Medical documentation has been obtained that changes the benefits currently on the card.
NOTE: The Nevada State WIC Program does not replace lost or stolen WIC EBT cards.
WIC EBT Cards will ONLY be replaced through the Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) customer service hotline.