Continuing Education Examples
Many other relevant webinars are available online and through community partners. LAs shall verify with their point of contact at the State Office whether certain training content will satisfy the continuing education requirements.
- WICWorks Training Modules http://wicworks.nal.usda.gov/wic-learning-online
- California WIC Association WIC Works Modules http://www.calwic.org/events/wic-works-webinars
- SNAP-Ed Connection Modules which are nutrition related http://snap.nal.usda.gov/professional-development-tools/online-training
- Healthy & Active Preschoolers Modules by the California Department of Education http://www.healthypreschoolers.com/overview
- InJoy Birth & Parenting Education free webinar series http://injoyvideos.com/free-webinars
- Ellyn Satter Associates nutrition information http://www.ellynsatter.com/.
- In-service trainings relevant to WIC participants provided by community partners such as Cribs for Kids, Learn the Signs, Act Early, Car Seat Safety, etc.
Helpful resources will be added here. If you find one you’d like to share, contact the State Office and we’ll review and add as appropriate.
Choose My Plate – Daily Food Plans and Worksheets for Preschoolers http://www.choosemyplate.gov/preschoolers-daily-food-plans
Choose My Plate – Health and Nutrition Information for Preschoolers http://www.choosemyplate.gov/health-and-nutrition-information