Click here for a short video clip on Nevada WIC EBT
How will I know my WIC food benefit balance?
There are four ways to get your balance:
- Always keep your last receipt as this will show your remaining balance.
- Call EBT Customer Service 1-844-892-2932 and follow the directions.
- Go to the cashier line at your grocery store and do a balance inquiry.
- Download and use the WICShopper App.
What happens if I need to change my WIC food benefits?
You will need to contact your WIC Clinic to discuss any possible changes to your food benefits.
What if I plan to move or change my address?
You must contact your WIC Clinic staff. Always make sure your address is correct.
What is a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
Your PIN is a four-digit secret code that allows you to use your Nevada WIC EBT Card at the grocery store. Your card WILL NOT work until you call the EBT Customer Service number and activate your card and set a PIN. Choose four numbers that are easy for you to remember.
What if I forget my PIN, want a new PIN or someone finds out my PIN?
Call EBT Customer Service at 1-844-892-2932 to choose a new PIN.
What if I enter the wrong PIN at the grocery store?
If you enter the wrong PIN, you will have TWO more chances to enter the correct number. After the THIRD try, you will need to call your clinic to unlock your pin or you won’t be able to use your card until 12:01 am the next day.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, it can be replaced at your clinic. As soon as you realize your EBT card is lost/stolen, call your clinic immediately so they can deactivate the card; this will prevent your benefits from being used by an unauthorized person. NOTE: If you don’t call to deactivate and benefits are used, they cannot be restored.
How do I take care of my WIC EBT card?
- NEVER tell your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone other than your designated proxy.
- Do NOT write your PIN on your card.
- Sign your name on the back of your card.
- Keep your card clean, safe and away from hot places, like direct sunlight and DO NOT bend.
What if I need someone else to do my WIC shopping for me?
If you want someone else to shop for you, contact your WIC Clinic Staff and ask them about adding a Proxy.
What happens if the store’s WIC EBT equipment is not working?
You may return to that store location at a later time OR you may go to a different WIC-approved store to shop.
What if my card doesn’t work at store?
1. Swiping your WIC EBT card a second time is sometimes all that is needed.
2. If the magnetic strip is damaged, ask the cashier if they can manually enter your card’s number. You will need to enter your PIN, cashier’s are not allowed to enter the PIN for a participant.
3. Too many incorrect PIN attempts? Call your local WIC office and they can unlock your PIN. Or, you can call customer service 1-844-892-2932 to reset or change your PIN over the phone.
What do I do if benefits were taken from my card and I did not receive the food items from the store?
If you think the store has made an error you MUST call/go into your clinic as soon as you become aware of the mistake. Neither the store nor the WIC Clinics are able to return the items to your Nevada WIC EBT Card. Your clinic will be able to call the State WIC office to report and/or file a claim.
What if I am unable to purchase items at the store?
The reason for this could be because:
- Your WIC food balance is too low to purchase this item.
- It is not an item on your shopping list or the size is not approved.
- This is a item that needs to be added to the WIC Approved Product List.
- You have insufficient funds and need to contact your clinic.
If this happens:
- The cashier can’t change anything to let you buy the item right now.
- Check your food balance. If you’re sure you have enough left, check the WIC UPC Database to see if you have the correct size or brand.
- If you think it’s a mistake, take a picture of the product label, including the UPC code and call your local clinic.
When do I call Customer Service?
- To set up your pin a new card.
- If you can’t remember your PIN or want to change your PIN.
- For your Food Benefit balance.