How do I get my WIC food benefits on the WIC EBT Card?
Your Nevada WIC EBT Card will hold all the benefits for your entire family. At the WIC clinic, you will get a list of your family’s WIC food benefits for the current month and two future months.
Your WIC clinic is responsible for prescribing your foods and entering your benefits into the system. You will have one Nevada WIC EBT Card which holds all the benefits for your entire family. You will receive a shopping list from your clinic showing you all of the benefits available on your card.
How will I know my WIC food benefit balance?
There are four ways to get your balance:
- Always keep your last receipt as this will show your remaining balance.
- Call the toll-free number 1-877-234-7056 and follow the directions.
- Go to the cashier line at your grocery store and do a balance inquiry.
- Download and use the WICShopper app.
What happens if I need to change my WIC food benefits?
You will need to contact your WIC Clinic staff to discuss any possible changes to your food benefits.
What if I plan to move or change my address?
You must contact your WIC Clinic staff. Always make sure your address is correct as this is how you will receive your replacement card should your card be lost or stolen.
What is a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
Your PIN is a four-digit secret code that allows you to use your Nevada WIC EBT Card at the grocery store. Your card WILL NOT work until you select your PIN. You will select your PIN when you get your first Nevada WIC EBT Card. Choose four numbers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to figure out.
Never tell your PIN to anyone! DO NOT write your PIN on your Nevada WIC EBT Card. If someone knows your PIN, they can use your card to get your benefits and those benefits will not be replaced.
What if I forget my PIN, want a new PIN or someone finds out my PIN?
Call Customer Service at 1-877-234-7056 to choose a new PIN.
What if I enter the wrong PIN?
If you can’t remember your PIN, call Customer Service at 1-877-234-7056 to choose a new PIN. If you enter the wrong PIN, you will have three more chances to enter the correct number. After the fourth try, you won’t be able to use your card until 12:01 am the next day.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately by calling Customer Service. Always call the minute your find out your card is missing. You will have to wait 5-7 business days to receive your replacement card in the mail.
How do I take care of my WIC EBT card?
- NEVER tell your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone.
- Do NOT write your PIN on your card.
- Sign your name on the back of your card.
- Keep your card clean, safe and away from hot places, like direct sunlight and DO NOT bend.
- Keep your card away from electronic equipment, such as TV’s, radios, VCR’s, microwaves, etc. and store away from magnets and other mag-stripe cards (i.e., credit or debit cards).
What if I need someone else to do my WIC shopping for me?
If you want someone else to shop for you, contact your WIC Clinic Staff and ask them about adding a Proxy.
What happens if the store’s WIC EBT equipment is not working?
You may return to that store location at a later time OR you may go to a different WIC-approved store to shop.
What if one of my WIC food items will not scan or if I have an “Insufficient Balance?”
- If the store’s WIC EBT system does not allow a WIC-approved food item for your WIC purchase, the item may not be included in the list of current WIC-approved food items for that store. The WICShopper app can be used to scan food items while your shopping to prevent accidentally selecting non-approved food items.
- If the cashier says you have an “Insufficient Balance” for one of your WIC food items, review your available balance. You can’t use your Nevada WIC EBT Card to buy more food items than what your available balance identifies. Checking your balance is very easy using the WICShopper app.
What do I do if benefits were taken from my card and I did not receive the food items from the store?
If you think the store has made an error you MUST call Customer Service as soon as you become aware of the mistake. Neither the store nor the WIC Clinics are able to return the items to your Nevada WIC EBT Card. You must call Customer Service to file a claim.
When do I call Customer Service?
- If your card is damaged or won’t work.
- If you can’t remember your PIN or want to change your PIN.
- If you have questions or need help with your card.
- For your Food Benefit balance.
- To file a claim