Breastfeeding with COVID-19
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine– Statement on COVID-19 in addition to a variety of resources.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynocologists (ACOG)- COVID-19, Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Breastfeeding: Information on COVID-19 for pregnant or breastfeeding parents provided by OB-GYNS.
- CDC- COVID-19 Toolkit for Pregnant People and New Parents: COVID-19 resources and tools for pregnant people or breastfeeding parents to take care of their infants.
- CDC-COVID-19 and Breastfeeding: Broad resource list for pregnant people, new parents, and healthcare providers.
- Office on Women’s Health-
- World Health Organization- Breastfeeding and COVID-19: General recommendations for breastfeeding parents with COVID-19.
Breastfeeding with Influenza
- CDC-Breastfeeding with Influenza (Flu): General guidance for breastfeeding parents.
- Infant Risk Center- Influenza Season Recommendations for Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women: Information on influenza while pregnant or breastfeeding and treatment to review and discuss with your healthcare provider.
General Resources for Breastfeeding During an Illness or Common Conditions
- American Academy of Pediatrics- Policy Statement: Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk: Resource with guidance on breastfeeding during illness, drug or alcohol use and other considerations.
- CDC- Maternal or Infant Illnesses or Conditions: List of conditions and illnesses which may or may not impact breastfeeding.
- Infant Risk Center: Information on a variety of conditions, vaccines, and associated treatments to review and discuss with your healthcare provider.
Breastfeeding During Hospitalization
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine-Protocol # 35-Supporting Breastfeeding During Maternal or Child Hospitalization: General information to help you protect your milk supply.
Tips on How to Keep Your Breast Pump Clean
- CDC- How to Keep Your Breast Pump Clean: Detailed information on how to clean your breast pump, in addition to printable handouts in English and Spanish.
Infant and Young Child Feeding During Emergencies
- CDC- Facts About Infant Feeding During and Emergency: Comprehensive guidance on infant and young child feeding during an emergency or natural disaster.
- United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC)-Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies: Comprehensive resource guide on infant and young child feeding during an emergency or natural disaster.